Introducing: Cibo Wine Bar, a plush new Italian resto-lounge on King West
Name: Cibo Wine Bar
Neighbourhood: King West
Contact Info: 522 King St. W., 416-504-3939, www.cibowinebar.com/cibo_ks/index_ks.html
Owners: Brothers Nick and Pat Di Donato from Liberty Entertainment Group, the company behind Toronto supper clubs like Rosewater and Spice Route
Chef: Saverio Marci
The Food: The encyclopedic menu consists of old-school Italian food, like chicken parmigiana, veal Milanese and chianti-braised short ribs, as well as pizzas, pastas and antipasti. Indecisive eaters beware: there are 88 dishes to choose from.
The Drinks: The emphasis is on Italian wine. Bottles from California, France and Canada are also available.
The Place: In keeping with its King West address, the 8,000-square foot space is lofty and plush, but lamp lighting, exposed wood beams and rough stone archways give it a Roman-grotto feel. A floor-to-ceiling glass wine cellar doubles as decor.
• 2642 bottles stored in the glass-encased wine room
• 590 dollars to buy the most expensive bottle of wine: a 2007 Solaia Super Tuscan by Marchesi Antinori
• 200 seats inside, 68 on the patio
• 24 bottles available by the glass
• 4 downstairs conference rooms are set up with AV and Wi-Fi for special meetings and events