Sold: a “loft house” on the Dupont strip for $818,000
With all the talk of condo bubbles, over-the-top bidding wars and failed flips, wading into Toronto’s housing market requires equal parts bravery and real estate savvy. To help with the latter, we decided to dish when the properties we profile in our House of the Week, Condo of the Week and Cottage of the Week features are sold. Here, all the details from the latest sale.
• The place: A three-storey townhome with designer interiors in the Annex Loft Houses, a boutique development at Bathurst and Dupont.
• The agent: Jonathan Ferrier, Royal LePage Real Estate Services
• Listed price: $824,900
• Sale price: $818,000
• Time on the market: 52 days
• The buyers: The seller bought the townhouse when the development was still under construction hoping to cash in on the investment. The buyers are first-time homebuyers who already lived in the area. They loved the location, along with the distinct, boutique feel of the building—something that can be tough to find in midtown.
• The full description: House of the Week: $825,000 for a “loft house” on the Dupont strip [January 16, 2013]