Sold: a three-level condo with a rooftop terrace in the Upper Beach for $620,000
With all the talk of condo bubbles, over-the-top bidding wars and failed flips, wading into Toronto’s housing market requires equal parts bravery and real estate savvy. To help with the latter, we decided to dish when the properties we profile in our House of the Week, Condo of the Week and Cottage of the Week features are sold. Here, all the details from the latest sale.
• The place: A two-bedroom, three-level suite on the third floor of the Beachview Lofts in the Upper Beach.
• The agent: Nick Whittington, Brad J. Lamb Realty Inc., Brokerage
• Listed price: $639,900
• Sale price: $620,000 (of which $5,000 came from various agents and brokers)
• Time on the market: 73 days
• The buyers: The buyers, a young professional couple returning to Canada after several years in Dubai, were immediately attracted to the building’s neighbourly vibe (it only contains eight units and the residents all know one another). They offered $615,000, but the seller had a bottom-line figure of $620,000. In the end, the agents and brokers for both parties kicked in $5,000 make up the difference.
• The full description and photos: Condo of the Week: $639,000 for a three-level suite with a rooftop terrace in the Upper Beach [July 12, 2013]