Pay $250 to hear Barbara Walters not talk about Rosie O’Donnell
Barbara Walters: journalist, TV host and apparent social media expert. On May 4, the co-host of The View will be at the Liberty Grand from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. to speak on the following four topics, detailing how she became rich:
1. “Characteristics of great leaders: what makes them stand out and succeed in times of uncertainty.” Translation: Great leaders make their employees argue in front of a national audience via a split screen to get higher ratings.
2. “The impact of social media and the Internet on shaping public opinion and driving change.” Translation: Don’t be like Walters and have the most boring Twitter updates ever.
3. “The decade ahead: how political and business reforms will likely impact the future.” Translation: Journalism is dead. That’s why journalists shouldn’t attend even though Walters is a veteran reporter. The event promoters say people with such vague business titles as “business leaders,” “entrepreneurs,” “producers” and “managers and team leaders” should come.
4. “Lessons learned and special moments from over six decades of interviews and conversations with leading authorities.” Translation: Get Kate Gosselin on your show.
Tickets are $250 a pop or $2,000 for a table of 10. For $15, people can just buy her autobiography and read about her having an affair with a senator and probably take away just as many career lessons.
• Barbara Walters Live in Toronto [Power Within]