Sold: an overhauled semi-detached near St. Clair and Dufferin for $608,000
With all the talk of condo bubbles, over-the-top bidding wars and failed flips, wading into Toronto’s housing market requires equal parts bravery and real estate savvy. To help with the latter, we decided to dish when the properties we profile in our House of the Week, Condomonium and Cottage of the Week features are sold. Here, all the details from the latest sale.
• The place: A completely renovated three-bedroom semi-detached with a finished basement near St. Clair and Dufferin.
• The agents: Amir Shahi and Aleksandra Oleksak, Sage Real Estate Ltd.
• Listed price: $629,000
• Sale price: $608,000
• Time on the market: 8 days
• The buyers: After a speedy 92-day overhaul, owners and realtors Shahi and Oleksak listed the house at $585,000 to see if it would garner multiple offers. It did—two on the first night, both of which they rejected after 45 minutes of negotiations. Based on the strong interest, they re-listed the next day for $629,900. They promptly received three offers: two from couples and one from a young, single professional, which they accepted.
• The full description: House of the Week: $630,000 for a semi-detached in Corso Italia with a floating cedar staircase [October 3, 2012]