Trend We Hate: the proliferation of “Hogtown”
“Hogtown” has become the go-to restaurant moniker for these pork-mad times. Will the city never live down its despised nickname? Below, five recent contributions to the genre.
- The Hogtown Cure, a sandwich shop and deli on Dundas West
- Hogtown Charcuterie, a meat and provision shop in Kensington Market
- The Hogtown Pub and Oysters, the relaunched version of Little Italy’s Auld Spot Pub
- Hogtown Smoke, a food truck with an onboard smoker
- The Hogtown Vegan, a Christie Pits restaurant that specializes in animal-free comfort food