Sold: a former rooming house in Trinity Bellwoods for significantly over asking
With all the talk of condo bubbles, over-the-top bidding wars and failed flips, wading into Toronto’s housing market requires equal parts bravery and real estate savvy. To help with the latter, we decided to dish when the properties we profile in our House of the Week, Condo of the Week and Cottage of the Week features are sold. Here, all the details from the latest sale.
• The place: A completely renovated Victorian with four bedrooms, a sunny back deck and a plum location a block from Trinity Bellwoods Park.
• The agent: June Russell, Royal LePage, Johnson and Daniel Division, Brokerage
• Listed price: $1,249,000
• Sale price: The agent would only disclose that the final number was “substantially” higher than the asking price
• Time on the market: One week
• The buyers: The sellers knew their meticulous renovation and the property’s prime location would attract plenty of buyers, so they set an offer date for one week after the house hit the market. The gamble worked: they netted six offers and sold the house for well above the list price.
• The full description: House of the Week: $1.25 million for a totally overhauled former rooming house in Trinity Bellwoods [September 18, 2013]