Leased: a furnished suite in the Shangri-La for $7,200 a month
With all the talk of condo bubbles, over-the-top bidding wars and failed flips, wading into Toronto’s housing market requires equal parts bravery and real estate savvy. To help with the latter, we decided to dish when the properties we profile in our House of the Week, Condo of the Week and Cottage of the Week features are sold or leased. Here, all the details from the latest lease.
• The place: A two-bedroom corner suite on the 23rd floor of the Shangri-La, the luxury hotel and condo tower that opened at University and Adelaide in September.
• The agents: Dylan Donovan and Robbyn Hayden, Bayshore Realty Inc.
• Listed price: $7,200 a month
• Lease price: $7,200 a month (full price)
• Time on the market: About two months
• The lessee: Several of the people who toured the suite praised its chic decor. The agent tells us he’s noticed increased demand for furnished rentals recently, especially from out-of-towners associated with Toronto’s professional sports teams and financial institutions.
• The full description: Condomonium: $7,200 a month for a furnished two-bedroom suite in the Shangri-La [February 1, 2013]