World Class Cocktail Lesson featuring Kaitlyn Stewart
Preparing for a holiday season at home doesn’t mean you need to skip out on all of the joys of the holidays. 2017 World Class Canada Bartender of the Year Kaitlyn Stewart will show us how to make three classic cocktails for any occasion using Ketel One Vodka, Don Julio Blanco Tequila and Tanqueray No. Ten Gin. Not to worry if you don’t have your own at-home bar complete with shakers and mixing spoons; Stewart has tips and tricks to ensure your at-home cocktails taste just as good as any you’d be getting on a night out at your favourite restaurant. Impress your household with your bartending excellence and gain a few new skills.
Want to make these cocktails yourself? Here’s everything you’ll need.
- 2 oz Ketel One Vodka
- 1 shot espresso at room temperature or chilled OR 1.5 oz of cold brew coffee
- 0.5 oz simple syrup
- Add Ketel One Vodka to your shaker. If you don’t have a shaker a mason jar or protein shaker will work.
- Add your room temperature or chilled espresso. If you don’t have an espresso maker cold brew coffee can be used.
- Add your simple syrup to the shaker. Simple syrup is created by simmering equal parts sugar and water on the stove and can be stored in the fridge.
- Add ice and shake the mixture for 10 seconds.
- Fine strain into a martini glass to remove any ice chips.
- Garnish with coffee beans and serve.
- 2 oz Tanqueray No. Ten Gin
- 0.25 oz dry vermouth
- Grapefruit to garnish (can be exchanged with lemon, olive or other citrus if preferred)
- Add Tanqueray No. Ten Gin into a mixing glass along with dry vermouth.
- Add ice to the glass and stir it down.
- Garnish your glass with a grapefruit citrus twist and serve.
- 1.5 oz Don Julio Blanco Tequila
- 0.5 oz orange liqueur
- 0.5 oz simple syrup (or agave syrup)
- 0.75 oz lime juice
- Add Don Julio Blanco tequila, orange liquor, simple syrup and lime juice to your shaker.
- Top mixture with ice.
- Shake mixture for 10 seconds.
- Take lime and rub it along half the glass to make it tacky to allow salt to stick. Roll half your glass gently into the salt to create a salt rim.
- Add ice to the glass and strain the margarita in.
- Garnish with lime and serve.
Always drink responsibly.