TTC wants public’s input on new streetcars, we oblige
The TTC is asking the public to help design the city’s new streetcars. The commission’s Web site presents a few downloadable templates so that the public can have its way with the iconic vehicles. The scheme smacks of PR—something to keep riders distracted during the Transit City delay, perhaps?—but it’s the kind that is totally irresistible to commuters looking to exact revenge on the creaky, aging versions they must endure every day. With that in mind, this is how we would make the new streetcars even more awesome.
For the exterior:
1) Cowcatcher to discourage jaywalkers
2) Rear spoiler for aerodynamics
3) Ladder for car surfing
4) Purple flames to emphasize “Riding the Rocket”
5) Powerful laser beam that can change all red lights to greens
6) In addition to streetcar number, the LED scroll sign will feature live Twitter fights between mayoral candidates
7) Astromech droid to help with repairs and to change rail direction so that drivers don’t have to get out and do it themselves with a crowbar
For the interior:
1) Black light to indicate which seats are soiled with blood
2) Disco ball to accommodate Friday-night streetcar parties
3) Luxurious curtains for those long commutes
4) Outlets for industrial-strength Glade Plug-Ins
5) Authentic faux designer leopard print seats
6) Grates in the floor to drain away spilled coffee, cola, urine, etc.
7) Spring-loaded seats to eject anyone taking up two seats
7 thoughts on “TTC wants public’s input on new streetcars, we oblige”
Love it, love it, love it!
Leopard print seats are ugly…….Disco ball is stupid…..curtains are incredible for a streetcar….!!!
ok gotta love number 7! :)
are you high!
on the outside.. maybe red flames.. as the TTC has always been red silver, black and the interior well industrial
my opinion.. don’t you have enough idiots around without driving them crazy with a disco ball, and animal print seating
drapery! Are you nuts…
make the seating per person.. so there isn’t any taking up an extra, the coffee idea is interesting.. where does it go to the track..
a light to see the blood, why not semen.. hell if there’s blood on the seats god only knows what else..
the outside was interesting the purple i don’t get, or that big V on the front, maybe it could serve as a snow shovel…
make it like those busses you see up and down Keele..
if you are a comuter you’ll appreciate the internet connection.. if you aren’t plug in your ipod and enjoy the ride
So far so good — now add a cupholder and those fold-over mini-tables that VIA rail has; they’re handy for resting a book or laptop on.
Hey, any thoughts on why these asshats are spending OUR funding, taxes & fare money to REBRAND a service which should be a *SERVICE* without a snarl?
you know, with staff manners & hitting on customer service for riders who are put out with being treated like trash for a service they’ve paid for… long before they actually get on the ride!
Good manners, generate good behaviour from the Public.
Comments are closed.