Why you should buy one of our sweet Valentine’s Day gift boxes
We’ve teamed up with Foodiepages.ca to take the stress out of Valentine’s Day gift-giving. We’re offering two packages full of locally made confections—two sweet ways to say I love you this year.
1. One large chocolate bar from David H. Chow
Engineer-turned-pastry-chef David Chow makes insanely Instagrammable creations, like this splatter-painted bar made with Valrhona chocolate, tonka beans and freeze-dried raspberries.
2. One 60g bag of hard-candy mix from Papabubble
From Toronto’s first outpost of the Barcelona-based company, these twee, hand-made hard candies are almost too cute to eat. Almost. (130g bag pictured above.)
3. Cranberry-cacao pecans from Jewels Under the Kilt
These crunchy spiced pecans are made with nuts grown in Fergus, Ontario.
4. One single-origin Madagascar chocolate bar from Soul Chocolate
Hand-crafted in the city’s east end, this bar made with 70 per cent Madagascar cacao has notes of berry and citrus.
5. One heart-shaped sugar cookie from Bobbette and Belle
This classic cookies from the Leslieville bakers is coated in pink icing for the occasion.
The larger box comes with all of the contents of the $40 box, plus the following goodies:
1. A heart-shaped lollipop from Papabubble
More hand-made hard candy from the uptown confectioners, this time on a stick.
2. Sweet-and-spicy pretzel mix from Le Dolci
The addictive mix of popcorn and pretzels from the Trinity Bellwoods bakery is equal parts sweet and salty, with a spicy cinnamon finish.
3. Artisanal caramels from Roselle Desserts
These buttery, melt-in-your-mouth caramels are hand-made in Corktown and come in three flavours: sea salt, raspberry and (our favourite) mango–passion fruit.
4. An additional heart-shaped sugar cookie from Bobbette and Belle
Also included with the purchase of each box is a copy of Toronto Life’s Best of Everything 2015, our first annual guide to getting the most out of the city, and the perfect planner for a Valentine’s spa day, dinner date or urban adventure. Quantities are limited, so buy yours now. All orders placed in the Toronto area before February 9 will be received by February 12.