You be the judge: the Shaq and Justin Bieber dance-off
So Kazaam, er, Shaq has a reality show called Shaq Vs. in which he’s pitted against celebrities in various challenges, making his 1993 single “(I Know I Got) Skillz” ring truer still. The hour-long show has been running for a year now. Go figure. Last night’s season finale has the seven-foot-one Celtics player going against Justin Bieber in what we assume is a faceoff to see who can get the most tween girls screaming. Sounds like a Chris Hansen sting operation, doesn’t it?
In the first clip (left), Shaq and Bieber battle it out in a dance-off. Here are the benefits of watching this clip:
1. It helps the olds understand the mystique of Bieber without having to listen to his music.
2. We see Shaq tower over everyone like Xerxes in 300.
3. We learn it took Shaq 30 years to somewhat perfect a somersault move.
4. Shaq is a surprisingly good pop-locker, but a b-boy he ain’t.
In another video (available here), we see Bieber performing onstage as Shaq makes an appearance and starts to rap. Why you should watch:
1. In it, Shaq hoists Bieber over his head, as if he’s going to throw him into the throng of girls.
2. There’s a second lift, this time in the style of the Dirty Dancing finale.