Re-Introducing: Holt Renfrew Yorkdale, which now has a spa, a men’s shaving station and a private shopping suite
In the fall of 2012, Holts announced a $300-million expansion plan that would see all 10 of its Canadian outlets extensively revamped or rebuilt. Holt Renfrew Yorkdale was the prototype for the department chain’s updated look, and its chic upgrade was finally unveiled earlier this year.
Styled like a luxurious mall-within-a-mall, the 120,000-square-foot space exudes a well-balanced mix of old-school opulence—including standalone Louis Vuitton, Chanel and Gucci boutiques—and modern edginess, thanks to cool tech features and fashion-forward brands like Stella McCartney and sporty Japanese label Comme des Garçons. And then there are the amenities: for women, in-store facials, blowouts, manicures and beauty consultations; for men, an on-site barber shop, a shoe-shining station and manly seminars on things like whiskey-tasting and cigar-rolling. Here, a breakdown of the key stats, plus 28 photos of Toronto’s chi-chiest new shopping pavilion.
See all the photos »
• 120,000 square feet (twice its former size)
• 10,000-square-foot women’s shoe zone, including individual boutiques for Christian Louboutin, Ferragamo, Gucci, Jimmy Choo and Manolo Blahnik
• 1,000-square-foot luxury apartment that can be used for private shopping excursions, spa services or events
• 30-foot-tall LED displays flanking the front entrance
• 4 skincare suites
• 1 beauty bar offering skin analysis, brush-cleaning and makeup bag consultations
• 1 “primp and polish” bar where shoppers can stop in for a blowout, a manicure or a brow-grooming session
• 1 in-store shaving station and men’s grooming zone
• 1 on-site cobbler
• 1 shoe-shining station