Torontonians will have to fly to Edmonton for Canada’s best haircut
The country’s top stylists gathered in Toronto on the weekend to attend the Contessa Awards, the Oscars of their biz. But the country’s best haircut isn’t in Toronto or Montreal or Vancouver, but in Edmonton. That’s where Tony Ricci, who was named hairstylist of the year, runs the Ricci Hair Co. Ricci was also honoured with three other awards, including a nod for the entire salon team. Some local talent was recognized; the Toronto winners, after the jump.
• Session hairstylist: Tony Masciangelo, The Alcorn Salon
• Men’s hairstylist: Robert Barbosa, Salon Escape
• Student/apprentice hairstylist: Duyen Huynh, Taz Hair Co.
• Ontario hairstylist: Gianpaolo Colombo, Hairafter Salon and Spa
• Nail enhancement artist: Jessica Marie Ellison, Jolie Beauty Bar