Shop Talk: new stores and shopping websites from April 2013
The English label brings its sombre clothing and accessories for men and women to a 6,000-square-foot space in Yorkdale Mall. The brand also launched a new Canadian online store. Learn more »
Yorkdale Mall, 3401 Dufferin St., 416-789-3261, ca.allsaints.com
The latest arrival to the Ossington strip’s burgeoning south end is a colourful, quirky departure from the owner of Yorkville personal shopping institution French Accents. Expect cleverly designed clothing and accessories catering to the artsy set. Learn more »
42 Ossington Ave., 416-840-5227, annieaime.com
The eco-friendly children’s clothing store opened a much larger second location in the Distillery District with a kids’ play area and both indoor and outdoor stroller parking. The stock includes the eponymous clothing line, books, shoes, skin care products and toys—plus a small collection of organic cotton tees and hoodies for moms.
6 Case Goods Lane, 647-348-5883, www.minimioche.com
A gorgeous new shop in Parkdale has a well-curated selection of accessories and personal grooming products for men and women, including a few Toronto options, like Varsity Brown’s leather wallets. Learn more »
1273 Queen St. W., 416 535 9671, facebook.com/shopelevator
After two years on Dundas near Dufferin, the luxury vintage boutique relocated to Trinity Bellwoods. It now offers bridalwear, children’s clothing and in-house tailoring. Learn more »
886 Queen St. W., 416-818-3975, magwood.ca
The upscale shoe purveyor opened its third Toronto boutique in the long, narrow space that formerly housed Ports 1961.
151 Bloor Street West, 647-748-0551, stuartweitzman.ca
A new flagship store at Yonge and Gerrard is the American discount retailer’s largest location in Canada—55,000 square-feet housing an ever-changing array of clothing, shoes and accessories. Learn more »
382 Yonge St., 416-979-0378, marshallscanada.ca
Doll Factory by Damzels
Damzels in this Dress designers Kelly Freeman and Rory Lindo bring their pin-up girl style to the west end with a second boutique in Roncesvalles.
394 Roncesvalles Ave., 416-598-0509, damzels.com
A jewellery shop in Kensington Market with a decidedly bohemian bent, One Heart sells handmade macrame and carved coconut shell bracelets and necklaces and vintage clothing.
77 Kensington Ave., 416-888-3084, oneheartdesign.ca
The 12-year-old Yorkville boutique launched an online store with high-end bags, clothing, shoes and jewellery from labels like Loeffler Randall, Rebecca Minkoff and Anita Ko.
• Yorkdale Mall is undertaking another massive expansion, this time anchored by a three-level Nordstrom store that should open by fall 2016. Learn more »
• Ferragamo revealed more details about its first Toronto location. The 3,000-square-foot store at Yorkdale will carry men’s and women’s ready-to-wear collections, shoes, accessories, luggage, perfumes and eyewear.
• Square One Shopping Centre in Mississauga is set to open a 120,000-square-foot Holt Renfrew flagship in spring 2016, which reportedly means Sherway Gardens is losing the upscale department store. Learn more »
• Holt Renfrew’s new lower-priced offshoot hr2 opens at Vaughan Mills on May 10, replacing the mall’s Last Call outlet.
• Hudson’s Bay continues to hint that it hopes to bring Japanese fast-fashion retailer Uniqlo to Canada. Learn more »
Did we miss anything? Let us know in the comments.