Sold: a five-bedroom home on a landscaped lot in Islington for $1.65 million
With all the talk of condo bubbles, over-the-top bidding wars and failed flips, wading into Toronto’s housing market requires equal parts bravery and real estate savvy. To help with the latter, we decided to dish when the properties we profile in our House of the Week, Condo of the Week and Cottage of the Week features are sold. Here, all the details from the latest sale.
• The place: A five-bedroom Etobicoke house with a geometric exterior, a modern, airy interior and a peaceful backyard.
• The agent: Richard K.C. Ling, Harvey Kalles Real Estate Ltd., Brokerage
• Listed price: $1,688,000
• Sale price: $1,650,000
• Time on the market: 21 days
• The buyers: The home—one of the neighbourhood’s least traditional and most expensive—attracted interest from multiple buyers when it went on the market in mid-February, but there was no bidding war. The buyers loved the contemporary finishings and paid 98 per cent of the listed price to make it theirs.
• The full description: House of the Week: $1.9 million for an Islington home with lush landscaped gardens [February 13, 2013]