VIDEO: The Drake releases a puzzling trailer for the next iteration of its Dining Roadshow series
In what’s probably a Toronto first, The Drake has released a trailer for the next iteration of its Dining Roadshow series of in situ pop-up restaurants. The series began with a cheeky tribute to summer school and is moving on to L.A.’s Chinatown circa 1940 this coming Thursday, just in time for TIFF. Some of the things that happen in the puzzling, surrealistic trailer:
- a young woman goes running through some woods and meadows;
- she declares that she hates exercise;
- some birds in a tree tell her about a burger, which, naturally, materializes immediately, but only in a ghostly, translucent way;
- she concedes to her mom (on the phone) that yes, she mostly eats noodles;
- she daydreams about a cupcake in the clouds;
- an opulent picnic appears before her;
- the picnic items start flying toward her, and she eats them, enraptured;
- she then rolls down a grassy hill.
No, we have no idea what any of it means, nor can we figure out why none of the food is Chinese. But we are excited to see what chef Anthony Rose and the Drake team come up with for round two of their roadshow.