TIFF Weekend Roundup: the best fashion, spottings and gossip
As usual, the opening weekend of TIFF meant an overdose of red carpets and parties, but we’ve still got our eyes and ears glued to every other TIFF event going on. After the jump, the best party fashion, festival news, gossip and star spottings from the weekend:
- Best party fashion: Canadian designer Erdem ruled after-party style, with Keira Knightley wearing a stunning multicoloured floor-length gown he designed to the after-party for A Dangerous Method at the Grey Goose Soho House. Check out our Knightley’s dress here »
- Best party crashers: Sure, TIFF spotters pay close attention to which famous actors are in town to promote their movies, but this weekend’s best party crashers all seemed to be musicians. We still aren’t sure why Arcade Fire and Dave Matthews were at Soho House on Friday, but we can tell you Win Butler chatted with Alexander Skarsgård and Dave Matthews hung with Ryan Gosling. The Weeknd also showed up at the after-party for The Oranges. Check out our spotted coverage here>>
- Best quotes:
- Jimmy Kimmel on Rob Ford: “Hey, maybe [Rob Ford] wants everyone to drive big cars because that’s probably the only kind of vehicle he can fit in.” Real subtle, Jimmy.
- Ryan Gosling on working with George Clooney: “It was more than fun; it was life altering. It was like watching a unicorn being born.”
- Seth Rogen on his acting approach as a dramatic lead in Take This Waltz: “I approached it the same way I approached Fart Cops.” Check out more celeb quotes here »
- Best stories: it seems love is in the air at TIFF this year, with George Clooney and Stacy Keibler going public with their new romance, while eTalk gossip correspondent Lainey Lui reported that on-again couple Michael Fassbender and Zoe Kravitz were canoodling at the Vitamin Water rooftop party at the Burroughes Building last night.
- Best party gossip: speaking of Fassbender, the star of director Steve McQueen’s Shame (recently purchased by Fox Searchlight) is the talk of the town. Or, rather, his full-frontal scene in Shame is the talk of the town. Apparently, Anne Thompson, editor-at-large of independent film website IndieWIRE, thinks Fassbender’s got the most beautiful package she’s ever seen (edging out Ewan McGregor apparently).