Jason Priestley answers our incredibly personal questionnaire
The actor, whose new show debuts this month, reveals his porchetta obsession
Jason Priestley’s acting may have made him the eternal face of 1990s Beverly Hills, but he’s no Californian; he’s so Canadian that Tim Hortons once named a doughnut after him. Now his television career brings him to Toronto, where his new show, a detective drama called Private Eyes, is filmed and set. It debuts on Global at 9 p.m. on May 26. Here’s how Priestley answered our questionnaire:
1. Where’s your favourite place on earth (and why)?
Zermatt, Switzerland. The highest peak you can ski in the world is there.
2. What’s your pet peeve?
3. What’s your favourite vice?
4. What’s a trend you loathe (and why)?
I’m not really paying attention to trends.
5. What achievement are you proudest of?
My two children.
6. What three adjectives would your friends use to describe you?
Intense, fast, loud.
7. What do people not understand about you?
Why I am so obsessed with food.
8. If you could live in any decade, which one (and why)?
I would live now. I’ve lived in the ’70s, ’80s, ’90s and the ’00s. Now is the best.
9. What’s your greatest regret?
Never having competed at Le Mans.
10. What are you obsessed with right now (and why)?
Porchetta. You have to ask why?
11. Describe the perfect date.
Anything with my wife.
12. Who’s the most boast-worthy contact in your cell phone?
13. If you could be any fictional character, who would you be?
14. Name a word you’re not sure how to pronounce.
I’m pretty good with pronunciation. It’s part of being an actor.
15. What dead celebrity would you like to meet?
16. What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done?
17. When’s the last time you cried?
Last week. (I have kids!)
18. What’s your pop-culture guilty pleasure?
19. What percentage do you tip for decent service?
Twenty per cent.
20. Who should play you in your hypothetical biopic?
21. What’s the last book you read?
Crime Machine by Giles Blunt
22. What would be your death-row meal?
23. What do you want your tombstone to say?
Here lies Jason Priestley. He tried.