Good Stuff Cheap: the best deals for kids’ favourites
Your tyke’s room can work without cramping your style or extending your credit line. Here, a kid-approved collection of cheap thrills
A paper-cut-out-inspired pendant light, $120. Kids at Home, 2086 Queen St. E., 416‑698-9726.
Pint-sized giraffe-print seat and matching ottoman, $100. HomeSense, select stores, homesense.ca.
Fake poodles! Buy time before you have to give in and get the real thing, $139 and $149. Urban Barn, select stores, urbanbarn.com.
For the global explorer, a planet on a rug, $12. IKEA, various locations, IKEA.ca.
Stash clutter in this purple-vinyl storage piece, used here as a bedside table, $30. Bouclair, select stores, bouclair.ca.
Light up the room with an angled-neck lamp, $25. IKEA.
Orange-alert alarm clock, $2. Jysk.ca.
Kid-safe, cordless critter night light (on floor, bedside, and being tossed in the air), $17 each. IKEA.
A solid-wood toddler bed, $174. Kids at Home.
Graphic-patterned bedding prints are as unfussy as they are affordable, from $40 for a duvet and pillowcase. Bouclair.
A washable velvety brown throw, $29. Urban Barn.
Good Stuff Cheap 2011 articles:
- 100 items under $10
- 11 selections for a kick-ass and low-cost charcuterie plate
- Three great wines for recession hangovers
- How to make your own soda water
- A massive mirror for a modest cost
- Nine of the city’s best foods for under $6
- How to glam up a parlour on a not-so-huge budget
- Hit the fashion zeitgeist with this fuzzy, furry trio
- The best deals for kids’ favourites
- Toronto’s five best vintage stores (no rummaging required)
- Ladies and gentlemen, here’s how to put together a party outfit for under $200
- Three genuine refuges where guys can get their groom on—cheaply
- Six designer sample sales that make lining up seem entirely sane
- Want an iPhone? Here’s how to make one (sort of)
- Three cameras that hit the mark for under $500
- Five genius ways to save on everyday technology
- Three unbeatable go-to spots for home improvement