Young and Restless: four child services that will keep you from sleepless nights

Young and Restless: four child services that will keep you from sleepless nights

The Busy Torontonian's Survival Guide: The keys to raising a perfect kid
The last-minute babysitter

Faster than Mary Poppins can slide up a banister, Robyn Zeldin of In a Pinch will have an early childhood education–trained sitter at your door. All of her staff get rave reviews from parents. They’re also available for short-term nanny placements and will even do some cleaning. $20 an hour. 416-785-3939, ext. 1, inapinch.ca.


The full-service baby concierge

Expectant moms need to know about Darling and Ninth. Proprietor Kilgour Hervey ushers first timers “from bump to first birthday,” including creating a shower registry, selecting a stroller and booking a doula. She even gives advice on how to get back in form post-baby (one word: kegels). It’s like having a personal shopper, administrative assistant and older sister rolled into one. From $125. 416-305-0090, darlingandninth.com.


The kid-proofer

Yehudah Franken has 18 years’ experience as a certified child safety product installer. He evaluates homes for common toddler-endangering hazards (pressure gates at the tops of stairs, unsealed toilet covers) and installs top-engineered safety devices. Franken says 80 per cent of his job is to protect kids from danger; the other 20 per cent is to appease parental paranoia. $100 for a two-hour survey. Additional fees for installation. 416-561-2524, babyproofers.ca.


The sleep trainer

The Geneva Convention considers sleep deprivation a form of torture. Janey Reilly is an infant and toddler sleep expert who seeks to right young families’ lives by training kids and moms to sleep soundly through the night. Her packages range from $250 for an initial one-and-a-half-hour session plus three follow-ups (Reilly has clients all over the globe and will conduct sessions over Skype) to $10,000 for a 10-day, full-­service live-in package. A freebie tip: declutter the crib to reduce ­stimulation—it’s a place to sleep, not Times Square. Weesleep.ca.


The Busy Torontonian's Survival Guide: 50 professionals to do everything you're too swamped to do: Stomach Stuffers

Stomach Stuffers

The Busy Torontonian's Survival Guide: 50 professionals to do everything you're too swamped to do: No Excuses

No Excuses