Sold: A five-bedroom house with a pool in Oakville for $975,000
With all the talk of condo bubbles, over-the-top bidding wars and failed flips, wading into Toronto’s housing market requires equal parts bravery and real estate savvy. To help with the latter, we decided to dish when the properties we profile in our House of the Week, Condomonium and Cottage of the Week features are sold. Here, all the details from the latest sale.
The full description: House of the Week: $1 million for a roomy Oakville home with a backyard nicer than some resorts [October 31, 2012]
• The place: A five-bedroom home located on a pie-shaped lot in Oakville with a backyard pool and plenty of greenery.
• The agent: Peter Anderson, Re/Max Realty Specialists Inc.
• Listed price: Originally listed at $1,175,00 on September 25, the price dropped to $1,099,900 in October and then again to $1,000,000 on October 31.
• Sale price: $975,000
• Time on the market: 46 days
• The buyers: With the market slowing toward the end of 2012, the sellers opted to lower the price rather than let the sale process drag through the holidays. Their agent suspected Toronto buyers would like the home because of its open concept plan and some finishings and features that are, as he put it, “a little more ‘funky’ than your average Oakville buyer is used to.” He was right: the new owners are from the city.