Sold: a designer townhouse near Kensington Market for $1 million
With all the talk of condo bubbles, over-the-top bidding wars and failed flips, wading into Toronto’s housing market requires equal parts bravery and real-estate savvy. To help with the latter, we decided to dish when the properties we profile in our House of the Week, Condo of the Week and Cottage of the Week features are sold. Here, all the details from the latest sale.
• The Place: A three-bedroom, three-storey townhouse in Lippincott Living, a complex with eight units at College and Bathurst.
• The Agent: Michael Wacholtz, Keller Williams Referred Urban Realty Inc., Brokerage
• Listed Price: $1,049,000
• Sale Price: $1,030,000, which makes sense, says the agent, “given it was a one-on-one negotiation.”
• The Buyers: A professional couple in their thirties. The agent believes they were drawn to the intimacy of the relatively small townhouse complex, as well as the modern design and layout of the individual unit.
• The Full Description: Condo of the Week: $1 million for a designer townhouse near Kensington Market [February 7, 2014]