ADDRESS: 28 Magnet Road
NEIGHBOURHOOD: Magnetawan, Parry Sound District
AGENTS: Available through theriverhouse.ca
PRICE: $1,000/week for up to six people (May to August) or $305,000 to buy (plus $1,200 in property taxes)
THE PLACE: Located 30 minutes east of Parry Sound, this two-bedroom cabin is set on an acre of woodland along the bustling Magnetawan River, a canoeing and fly-fishing haven.
BRAGGING RIGHTS: The property includes a large canvas “glamping” tent. It has a queen-sized bed, a washroom, a private deck overlooking the outdoor fireplace and—crucial for anyone planning an early morning fishing trip—a coffee maker.
BIG SELLING POINT: Convenience. The premium rental package includes groceries waiting upon arrival, midweek cleaning service (with linen changes) and a 10 GB 4G wireless internet rocket stick. The owners even stock spare new toothbrushes if you forget yours.
POSSIBLE DEAL BREAKER: The rapids are great for swimming, canoeing, fishing and fly-fishing, but they aren’t suitable for children.
BY THE NUMBERS:
• $305,000 (plus $1200 in property taxes) for the property, cabin and all the furnishings
• $1,000 a week for up to 6 people to rent (May to August)
• 2 bedrooms
• 2 large decks with panoramic views of river
• 1 bathroom
• 1 wood-burning stove
• 1 outdoor fire pit
• 1 canoe with paddles and life jackets
• 1 “glamping tent” with queen bed, washroom, coffee maker and private deck