Nuit Mange: where to eat in the middle of the night during Nuit Blanche 2012
Nuit Blanche opens on Saturday night at 7:03 p.m. (see our full guide), and with an entire night of roaming Toronto’s transformed streets, galleries and everything in between, odds are you’ll get hungry. To help, the folks behind the festival have dispatched a fleet of food trucks, which will be out in full force at three designated downtown “rest stops.” Several restaurants are also keeping their doors open late with special offerings. Below, our roundup of where to eat in each zone, near city hall and outside of the box (i.e. near the independent projects in Parkdale).
• Food truck rest stop: Gourmet Gringos, Buster’s Seacove, Curbside Bliss Cupcakes, Texas Tornado and Tiny Tom Donuts. Bay St., just north of King St. W.
• O&B Canteen: Ocean Wise halibut tacos with baja salsa and lime crèma from 9 p.m. until midnight (or until they run out). 330 King St. W.
• Gourmet Bitches truck: outside Design Exchange. 234 Bay St.
• Jump: Neil Patterson’s Terlingua chili with jalapeño cheddar cornbread from 9 p.m. until midnight (or until they run out). 18 Wellington St. W. (in the Commerce Courtyard)
• Bannock: Serving smoked ham and split pea soup from 9 p.m. until midnight (or until they run out). 401 Bay St.
• Paramount Fine Foods: open until 5 a.m. 253 Yonge St.
• Johnny Rockets: open until 3 a.m. 22 Dundas St. E.
• Food truck rest stop: Blue Donkey Streatery, Per Se Mobile, Smoke’s Poutinerie and Tiny Tom Donuts. Church St., just North of King St. E.
• C’est What: open until 2 a.m. 67 Front St. E.
• Jack Astor’s: open until 3 a.m. 73 Front St. E
• G for Gelato: open until 1 a.m. 75 Jarvis St.
• Fran’s: open until 2 a.m. 33 Yonge St.
• Food truck rest stop: Food Dudes, Rome’n Chariot, Sweetness Bakery, Texas Tornado and Tiny Tom Donuts. Albert St., just east of Bay St.
Outside the Box
• Detox Market: serving Taza hot chocolate between 10 and 12 p.m. 367 King St. W.
• The Drake Hotel: The bar is open until 4 a.m., but street food from the café patio is only served until they run out. 1150 Queen St. W.
• Gladstone Hotel: The Melody Bar has a late-night menu until 2 a.m., while the Art Bar window is hosting a burrito pop-up from 9 p.m. onward. Nuit Blanche diehards can grab sandwiches from the café between 2 and 4 a.m. 1214 Queen St. W.
• Market 707: Kim’s A La Cart, La Papusa, Ceviche 707 and Casbah are open from midnight until 3 a.m.; The Snap Pea and House of Jaffle are open until 4 a.m; Kanto and Gushi open from midnight until 6 a.m. and 7 a.m., respectively. 707 Dundas St. W.
• The Lakeview: 24 hours. 1132 Dundas St. W.
• The County General: open until 2 a.m. 936 Queen St. W.
• Thompson Diner: 24 hours. 550 Wellington St. W.
• 7 West: open 24 hours. 7 Charles St. W.
• Thor Espresso Bar: open till sunrise. 35 Bathurst St.