Five things every starlet will be wearing at TIFF
We caught up with celebrity stylist Sandra Graham before the film fest madness to find out how to dress like a celeb this September. And when she told us to run out and buy a motorcycle jacket, we did. After all, this is the woman who’s credited with helping Angelina, J. Lo, Reese, Beyoncé and Gwyneth (to name a few) get on best-dressed lists. Here are five looks every stylish actress will be sporting at TIFF.
1. Rocker chic. Take note, Sienna. Boho is over. This fall, celebs will be sporting studs, leather leggings and zippers galore, though Graham will be topping off her interpretation with a feminine lace headband (the new must-have accessory).
2. Marchesa. Lanvin and Dior are always red-carpet standbys, but this year, smart best-actress hopefuls will swathe themselves in Marchesa. Sure, it might be a coincidence that the label was co-founded by Harvey Weinstein’s wife.
3. Stiletto pumps. Manolos may be Sex and the City (are we finally over that?), but five-inch Christian Louboutins are pure sex on a TIFF red carpet. They also double as convenient and fierce weapons to be used against overzealous paparazzi.
4. Grecian one-shoulder numbers. After all, the Greeks really did start the whole thespian thing.
5. Teardrop earrings and statement necklaces. They make even the most petite stars appear statuesque, while the rest of us sit around trying to figure out how much the bling cost. (A good celebrity must always make us jealous.)—Jen McNeely